Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm done!

My transactional skills class was more work than I thought it would be at the beginning of it all. But, I'm certianly glad to have it done. I had it bound, so that it would look a little better, and then I forgot to put a cover sheet on it. That's me in a nutshell, I guess.

It's not like my name isn't all over the thing; it's just not on the front. Oh well. At least I'll be able to turn it in tomorrow and not worry anymore.

Oh, and I got a book from Amazon today - To Kill a Mockingbird.

In theory, I've already read this book in junior high. But, in reality, I didn't. I read parts of it, but I certainly don't remember any of it, ecxept a couple of the character names, and the fact that it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I look forward to finishing finals so I can get to reading it.

That's about it for now for the Steve.

5 comments:

Just Wondering said...

Steve - congratulations and "Happy Reading!" After I got out of law school, I had to "reteach" myself how to read for enjoyment. It's tough to follow the plot when you're scanning the pages of a novel in search of "the issue." Again, congrats. JW

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful story. I hope you can just enjoy it, but I suspect you may pick up some thoughts from these characters. I recently read it again; I could have brought my copy for you, but it's good to have in your collection.

Has your sister called you this week about the twinnies? Well, she did post it on her blog.

Anonymous said...

One of my absolute favorite books of all time! My plan between semesters is to read as much as I can. I did that following graduation as well and it's just nice to read something without finding underlying issues and treatment options. Guess we all deal with some issue after school :)

Congratulations again! And I had to giggle at the binding thing -- I turned in my big family relations paper with a stack of extra printouts from a different class stapled to the back of it. Guess I was a little overworked this semester..

JJ said...

I'm jealous. Congrats.
While I only have three finals left this semester, I have what I can only pressume to be, roughly 20 more law school finals. But hey, at least they won't be 1L finals!

Steve said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm looking forward to being done, if not looking forward to the Bar Exam.

Oh well.

JJ - you'll be done soon enough; enjoy school while you are there. Definitely take some sort of advocacy/moot court/mock trial class