Monday, May 14, 2007

A wonderful way to wake up

I woke up this morning at about 5:40 to two children fighting for ownership of a blankie. They fought briefly, I intervened, granting possession to the Apple. He then took the blankie and laid it over his sister, with whom he had been fighting. Such a grand gesture.

Then we got downstairs and started breakfast. Apple had cereal while Punkin and The Boy had yogurt. They had all just sat down to eat when Apple looked out at one of the cats, bent his arms up at the elbow, hands forward, and roared. He roared with gusto, exclaiming "I'm a dragon! Roar!" He had the biggest smile I had ever seen on a dragon.

Sometimes it's a blessing to have morning children.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Jacky roars. He roars a lot. But he's not a dragon, he's a lion.

One time Jack told me something that Daddy said (it wasn't the nicest word). So I told my DH and he said "Jack's lying!" so Jack ran into the bathroom yelling "I'm a lion! Roar!" They're so cute. It must be the age.