Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What's a little promotion among friends?

I read, sometimes. In the past three years, I haven't read for pleasure a whole lot, but I have gotten a few books in (currently Scorched Earth, in the past To Kill a Mockingbird, Sherlock Holmes, The Art of War, Democracy in America, The Five people You Meet in Heaven, etc.). In law school, you just have too much other reading to do to worry about getting in leisure reading. A friend of mine, however, managed to get through a book in law school - as in, he got his book published. According to one reader of this blog, the book is a page-turner - you can't put it down.

Being that he's a friend (we studied Civ Pro and Corporations together, among other classes), and being he is a good writer, I want to recommend The Ghosts of Varner Creek, by Michael Lee Weems. It's good fiction, well written, by a good guy. Can't beat that.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm reading the book right now. It is a page turner. I would have finished it by now but I was interrupted by the birth of twins. Actually, I was about to go read when I decided to check your blog.