Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And I Ran

So, I've been keeping rather consistent with going to the Y. I've gotten into a pretty good routine. I do some 30 minutes on the elliptical cross-country machine where the resistance is up 4 notches from when I started (that's fairly significant). Then I have been going to the free weights where I've been doing upper body then lower body, switching each day, which has helped with the toning and strength.

On Sunday, though, I decided to run for about ten minutes on the treadmill after finishing the elliptical machine, just to see if I could run the whole time. I set the pace at six miles an hour and started running. I'm pleased to say that I am capable of running one mile in ten minutes after a 30 minute cardio workout, provided I'm running on a treadmill in an air conditioned room underneath a fan. Now, if I can get myself up to running two to three miles at that pace, then I'll feel a bit better. Ultimately, though, I'd like to get back down to about an 8 minute or 7 and a half minute mile. We'll see what we can do. I'm sure I could do more if I ran before the elliptical machine, but I'd rather add to my workout than change it. Why mess with something that's been working, eh?

No comments: