Sunday, November 04, 2007

Aftermath of the July 2007 Texas Bar Exam

So, the results are in, and I passed. As did 91.12% of my fellow alums.

I'm at work on Thursday, as are 3 of the 4 of us who took the bar this year, trying my best to concentrate on the job at hand. This is hard, because in addition to fighting some sort of bug, I have all sorts of nerves on edge waiting for the bar results. My friend Dan, who's also waiting for results, is about as calm as can be at the desk behind me. I check for the results about 4 times between 8 and 3, so not too bad, I'm sure, compared to many others. After the last check, I figure the results just won't be out today.

five minutes later, my cell phone buzzes - I've got a text message from Photog telling me results are up, congratulations. Less than 3 seconds later one of the Associates comes running out of another Associate's office all excited - "they're up! Have you seen if you're there?!" I'm currently trying to get to the site to see, and the page hasn't updated on my screen. "Hit refresh." Oh yeah, that works. So I do that, and there's the list of several thousand Texans who passed the bar. I scroll down, and see Dan's name, and then Jen's name, and then mine. The Associate looks at me, "I knew you all passed before I came out." Which I thought was kind of neat. The buzz in the office was pretty electric; but I mostly felt relieved and tired, as opposed to excited.

Dan looked up - "oh, what's going on? I passed, what?" He then celebrated for a few seconds, and went back to work. I, on the other hand, tried my hardest to think of friends I knew from school, which suddenly became very difficult. I did see Photog on there, and Red Hot Mamma, and others. It was nice; though there were a few names I was surprised not to see on there, which took some of the shine off the trophy.

Anyway, that's how I felt after getting the bar results up - relieved and tired. That's what the bar does to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)

that's awesome.

How are you liking your job? My friend Hena is doing some tax stuff, and her office is hiring. It's all transactional based, etc. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you her email (if you don't already have it).

shailey