Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hard Driving

We had an interesting weekend this weekend. As I mentioned yesterday, we went to San Antonio, where we got to see Sesame Street Live, which is, basically, a live action episode of Sesame Street. It wasn't bad; even The Boy enjoyed it. We then went out to dinner at Shoney's, where I had the all you can eat Seafood buffet. It actually wasn't that bad, either.

This morning, we went to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. This wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I've never been to a Cracker Barrel before, but I'd heard good things. Instead, I got a bland biscuit, with some so-so gravy and my over-medium eggs were very runny. The Bacon was good, though, and there's certainly a lot in the country store.

After breakfast, we went to the Alamo, where we were treated to a presentation of the fight for the Alamo by one of the speakers. They have these every day, but we actually listened this time. I'd forgotten that this was Veteran's day; it was a nice thing to see on a day honoring those who fought and fight for our nation.

We then went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. Because we believe that our children should feel like they fit in among their surroundings from time to time. They all had fun.

Then it was time for a 4 hour drive home, which consisted of far less shrieking kids and angry dad than I'm used to.

Oh yeah, and we got homemade fudge at Buc-ee's. If you drive on I-10 between Houston and San Antonio, or down to Freeport, you must stop at Buc-ee's. It's a must-do.

Anyway, the wife is out getting dinner and fixin's, and I'm resting before I start working again. If things go well, I should be able to get a few more hours of overtime in this weekend.

The kids are watching A Christmas Story, and were playing outside for a bit, so they're in a good way right now.

No comments: