Thursday, November 15, 2007

A moment of silence for the moment of silence, please

I recently posted on the Illinois Congress override of the Governor's veto of the state mandated moment of silence. I commented that I thought the law was Unconstitutional.

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought so; indeed one commenter agreed ("Amen!"). But a higher authority than I or my good friend Photog has weighed in as well. The new law has been enjoined, according to this post on Religion Clause Blogspot.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think the law is vague, as does the judge. I think that mandating a moment for prayer (" silent prayer or reflection") is little more than saying "You all sit there so the Christians can remind you that they control this country," which is not the way this country was set up.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments: