Tuesday, November 06, 2007

More on Bar Passing

Here's the deal. We're told from the outset that in order to pass the bar, you need a score of 675 to pass. That's 675 out of 1000. Now, that might sound like a lot of wiggle room, because you have 325 points that you can miss. But those points add up quickly.

To give you a primer on how the scoring works, I'm going to refer you to this link. That way I don't have to pretend like I understand it all.

My score was a 717. In standard Air Force parlance, this means that I passed, with 42 points of overkill. My MBE scaled score (the multiple choice portion of the test) was a 148. If I remember correctly, this basically means that I could pass the Michigan bar, as well; provided I put in a good faith effort on the essays. But I digress - My 148 times 2 resulted in a score of 296 for the MBE portion of the exam. This means that I scored less than half of what I needed to pass the bar on this portion. I still needed an extra 379 points to get to 675. I ended up getting 421. That's not too shabby.

And now I get to work from home and at work. Woo hoo.

No comments: