Thursday, November 08, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

So, it's been a week since bar results have come out. It seems my firm has been quite happy to have four newly licensed attorneys in the office, as the breadth of our assignments has really started to grow. Of course, a lot of this work has come at the end of the day, where we're asked to do something at home that "should take no more than an hour" but invariably takes at least 3.

Understand, I'm not really complaining, because we can use the extra money. But I would be a little more excited about doing this stuff if I knew it was going to lead to a full time position. As it is, I'm finding myself more tired, and with less time for the family. Given the choice, I would much rather have the time with the family, but as a baby lawyer, you don't get to make that decision. So, at least for the next little bit, work is going to have to win out more than I would prefer.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

You have worked really hard and so has Kirsten. I admire you both and am proud of both of you. You have made a lot of sacrifices and pretty soon you will have your payday.

PS remember your kinfolk!! lol