Monday, November 19, 2007

Short Week

We have a short week this week at work, what with Thanksgiving coming up and all (we aren't New Jersey state employees). We'll be getting off work at noon on Wednesday and then will be off until Monday. While I'm looking forward to the time off; when I'm not working, I'm not getting paid, and I could use money.

Today we had the second annual office Thanksgiving day feast. I originally intended to just go get a sandwich, because I wanted to save my turkey for the Day. But, I relented; it's tough to pass up a free lunch.

I like work. I like the people there. But I wish I had a full time gig. It would be nice to stay on there, but I would want a little more money to do so. I'm still looking for government work, just not in NJ; and I'm looking for a corporate position somewhere, where being a lawyer is a benefit, but not necessarily a requirement...

Anyway, that's about it for this evening. The Apple doesn't want to go to bed, so we're taking turns fighting his will. According to the Supernanny, he should have given up and stayed in bed by now, but we all know the Supernanny is full of crap. But I digress.

Goodnight, everyone.

No comments: