Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Non-Sequiturs

I have heard, off and on for the past several years, that Karl Rove planned to orchestrate a "permanent Republican Majority" in the federal government. While I have heard this, I've not seen this confirmed anywhere, rather it's reported that this was his goal. Part of me thinks, well, yeah, he's a partisan politician and he believes his side is right, so why wouldn't he want to see that? But the other part of me wonders if this is something he really has said. If anyone has a link showing his ownership of this concept, I'd love to see it.

The Apple is "scared." He got punished for taking candy before finishing his dinner and was sent to bed. Now he's scared - an hour after being sent to bed.

I'm reading "The Conservative Soul," a book by Andrew Sullivan. It's a good read, so far. Chapter 2 is about fundamentalism. His position is basically what Photog's is regarding fundamentalism, but where Photog is brief due to his explanation being confined to a blog post, Andrew expands in a very thorough manner. I don't disagree with either of their positions, but I still wonder if there is some sense of insecurity in a fundamentalist that they need the backing of the government to justify their beliefs.

I hate our minivan.

2 comments:

Just Wondering said...

Hey, dude. Like the non-sequiturs. Re: KR, what you're looking for might be here.

Oh, and thanks for the shout out.

photog said...

If it make you feel any better, I hate your minivan too. Really. (No, not really).

Maybe you should buy a new family hauler. The new Ford Flex looks nice and the American auto industry could use a shot in the arm right about now.