Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Sunday

Today the Apple and I got up early and went to Home Depot. We needed to buy a rake so we could gather up the leaves that insist on falling from our trees. We also needed some new air filters for the house, as it's been 3-4 months since we changed them. It was nice, and the Apple enjoyed tooling around the store.

After raking the leaves, the kids helped me gather them. I kind of wish the wife had come out with a camera to catch them doing yardwork as it was nice to see them all getting along and accomplishing something together. But she was getting ready for church.

Today was the first Sunday in Advent, so I wanted to get the children in to get some more exposure to church. We're not Easter and Christmas Christians, but we aren't Every Sunday folk, either.

The rest of the day entailed watching football, taking a nap and listening to the kids play/fight. It was a good day.

Oh, and we had leftover Bulgoki for lunch - yum.

I like the holidays. I wish we got snow for the kids (and me), as that makes Christmas even more fun. But, when you move to Texas, you sacrifice a few things, like good weather and working with people who don't have drawls - I think the Apple has a nice one brewing, fun.

Anyway, that's what's happening here right now. Tomorrow we're back to the grind. Can't wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI, while you were eating rotting leftovers, I was eating a healthy vegetarian sandwich with crispy sweet potato fries and mango salsa.

Maybe tomorrow I'll stop by the mall restaurant for some real, fresh, beef bulgolki that comes with tempura onion rings.

Cassie said...

I remember Dad taking me to "Central Hardware" and then Pizza Hut for my birthday. I was in the birthday club and got a free personal pan pizza.

Do you remember doing yardwork in Illinois? When I stepped in dog "yuckies"?