Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The evening

Being in New Orleans, I knew I was going to have to take a trip to Bourbon Street, but I'd resolved to wait until Friday to do so.

However, this evening, we chose to walk downtown for dinner at Bacco's, which closed right before we got there, and we ended up eating at a different restaurant (whose name escapes me, but it was right near Jackson Square and starts with an "M"). Afterwards, the trio with whom I was decided they needed hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's (sp?). So we ambled down Canal Street onto Bourbon, stopping at the place to get the hurricanes. I did not have a hurricane.

I mention this because we just got back to the hotel a few minutes ago, and the Sugar Bowl (which is going on right now) is now on television. They just got back from commercial, and while doing the game/station identification, there was a screen shot of a fountain with a fire in a bowl on top - which is at Pat O'Brien's, and was situated directly behind where I had been sitting just 30 minutes earlier. That was pretty cool.

And yes, I got beads (but I gave them away to one of my classmates who collects them - the boys and girl would destroy them in less than 30 minutes, so it was an act of compassion).

4 comments:

heatherfeather said...

i must wonder, how did you get beads?

red.hot.mamma! said...

Oh, we all know how Steve likes to show his tits. Steve, I haven't seen you in days. How's the placement going? And I'm sorry I didn't call you back & missed out on the hurricanes. The debriefing & whatnot at Loyola took forever & so we just went to eat right afterwards. Hopefully we can all do dinner together tonight & the catch some live music.

Kirsten said...

Hark! You told me you would never do that again!

Anyway, one more day until you are home, and I can sleep again. DD may be upset, though, to find her spot gone. Love ya!

nuje said...

Worst. City. Ever.