Wednesday, January 10, 2007

One small thing on President Bush's Speech

He commented (forgive me for not having the proper quote) that with individuals such as Senator Joe Lieberman and other members of Congress, they would form a bipartisan panel. Interesting note - Sen. Lieberman has an (I) next to his name, not a (D). By definition, the President has stated that there will be a bipartisan panel consisting of either one or both independents and, presumably, republicans - again ignoring the Democrat majority...

I'm sure that's not what he meant, but one can't deny that that's what he said.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

I think, perhaps, that everybody recognizes that the "I" by Lieberman's name is a polite fiction and that he is, for all practical purposes, still a Democrat.

Steve said...

Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly, Bookworm; I just found it somewhat amusing.