Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Final Countdown

Today is the day I begin my last semester of law school. I will be attending two classes today - Criminal Trial Advocacy and NAFTA.

Criminal Trial Advocacy is a bit of a leap for me. I'm going to law school, but I'm not a litigator by nature. I am most comfortable in a research/transactional type role. But I attend the Advocacy school. It seems odd, to me, to go to a school known for advocacy and not take one advocacy-related class. In addition, the class will help with public speaking, interviewing techniques, and will probably help me feel a little more comfortable in my lawyer skin.

NAFTA is a class I'm looking forward to. I spent the week in New Orleans with the professor of that class, and she's someone I can learn from. Good People.

Anyway, I'm somewhat nervous today, which is interesting to me, in that I have had several first days now in law school. I should know what to expect, yet I'm anxious. I think it's because I know I'm coming up to the bend, and while the road is now familiar, there are unknowns around the corner that I can't help but come upon shortly.

there are a lot of things going on in my head right now, but I've got to shut the voices up and go help the kids get ready for school.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It all seems strange to me....the structure of a law degree here compared to your Law School....a seperate entity again. Not strange in a bad way.....just different, i guess y'all must think the same of us, how different we are :o)