Saturday, January 13, 2007

My conversation with my wife

My wife is mean.

I bought her a gift yesterday - the Office, Season 1, because I know how much she enjoys that program (I can't bring myself to like it, but it does make me happy to hear her laugh so hard at something that is not me).

Today, she's been picking on me all day, despite the fact that I let her sleep in 3 hours longer than I did. I have put up with the children who have been cooped up today due to wet weather and don't do well in enclosed spaces.

I got fed up a few minutes ago and exclaimed, "I bought you a gift yesterday out of the goodness of my heart - you need to be nice to me!"

She immediately retorted, "I gave you three beautiful children and look what you did with them!"

And now the little boy is running around in a diaper, ladybug boots and carrying his My Little Pony. I think I have lost this war.

4 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

Ladybug boots...I'll bet those make a great picture that you'll laugh at in another twenty years when your son brings home a serious girlfriend for the first time.

Michelle said...

LOL..too cute!

red.hot.mamma! said...

That boy is SERIOUS about his My Little Pony!

Cassie said...

Jack's not allowed to have a My Little Pony. I'm going to tell my DH that it's not fair that your little guy has one and ours doesn't!