Saturday, October 04, 2008

Flirting for Votes

The first time I saw Sarah Palin wink during the debate, I thought to myself "Did she really just wink during a debate where she's trying to convince us she's a serious choice for Vice President?" I could not believe someone auditioning for one of the top roles in the country would attempt to flirt with the public in such an obvious manner. It seemed incredible to me.

But, apparently, for some people, it worked. Like for the National Review's Rich Lowry:
I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America.
We don't need a cheerleader in the White House. We need a real leader.

1 comment:

Feisty 'Bama Princess said...

I was so offended! I was thinking, "who the hell is she winking at?" I can assume that some hearts of the good ole boy crowd skipped a beat that night..