Saturday, October 04, 2008

Working For a Living

I went to Massachusetts last week. I had a Deposition in Shrewsbury, which is right near Worcester. It went all right, the opposing counsel and the medical provider's counsel and I were all rather civil together. It sort of reminded me of the old Looney Tunes cartoon with the coyote and dog that are friendly to each other, punch in to work, and then spend the time doing what they need to do, then punch out and are friends again. That's how depositions should go. Listen, you don't need to be an asshole to zealously represent your client. Be civil to the opposing counsel, (but don't let them steamroll you).

Anyway, the deposition, as I mentioned, was in Worcester. I've not been to Worcester before, but I have made a few trips to Boston in the past. I really like the area. Gorgeous scenery, the song "Life in a Northern Town" ran through my head as I drove through Worcester. Old buildings; you can feel the history.

I found out that Worcester is not the nicest city to be in. I didn't realize this. I also didn't really have any problems there, myself. I ate at a restaurant called Northworks, which looked like it was in an old converted factory. Great food. I would go back.

I need to take my family up to Boston for a few days; do the sightseeing thing. And, of course, eat at the Bull and Finch. But that's for another time.

No comments: