Saturday, October 11, 2008

Frequent Flyer

I've been on a few depositions now as a first year attorney. They have not been too bad so far. I admit, I have been lucky to not only be put up against partners who clearly know what they're doing, but partners who are respectful and courteous while still zealously representing their client.

I have another deposition on a different docket coming up at the end of this month - Oct. 30. I will most likely be home in time for Halloween, though, with weather in Florida, I won't discount anything. This will be my first trip to the Sunshine State; my wife has been in the past for work; I suppose it's my turn.

This is the only firm deposition we have coming up in the next month for me. I could have as many as 3-5 more on top of that, depending on how the hearing for the CMO goes. That gets into details that don't need to be explained (boring lawyer stuff). These are depositions that I would rather not present, but if they need to go, then they will need to go.

In other news, We got our refrigerator fixed from the hurricane, and our damage from the storm was minimal, literally. We had a couple hundred in food loss, and some wind-driven rain damage to the attic/Apple's ceiling.

We were very fortunate.

Anyone want a vienna sausage? We have scores of them.

No comments: