Sunday, October 05, 2008

Saturday Night

Last night, the Princess had a slumber party she went to. She apparently had a lot of fun. The wife's good friend came over to visit, and brought her youngest with her. This was good, because The Boy and the Apple got to play with the guest, while the adults learned how to play Pinochle.

I had never played before, but I had heard from several different sources that it was a great game to play. The rules are complicated to learn by yourself (we took our rules from Wikidpedia, which has 3 handed pinochle rules, which is what we played, as well as the others), but we persevered and have our house version of Pinochle now.

As I understand it, there are any number of variations of Pinochle, not unlike Spades, and that is part of what makes it entertaining.

I lost. But I had fun. And that's good when you're learning a new game.

Now if I can just remember the melds.

No comments: