Saturday, October 27, 2007

Five Weeks In

I've been working at my job for just over five weeks now. It's not a bad job, and I'd probably be willing to stay if they offered me a full time position, though mass tort wouldn't be my first choice of work. The people are good, and the environment is mostly relaxed, though, and that compensates for a lot. Since I'm a temporary employee doing Document Review, however, it's unlikely that any full time offers will be forthcoming. Hence the search for something in Education law, compliance, or contract analysis.

Today is going to be a busy day. I have to get myself and the Apple haircuts, get some groceries, get the wife out to find where she'll be working on Monday and get her hair cut, buy Halloween costumes for the kids, and buy a pumpkin. Additionally, I've taken out the trash, done the dishes, defrosted the refrigerator, fed the kids (which can be a chore), and will be changing the cat litter directly.

Would that I could ease into the weekends, but I wake up at 5:30 when the kids push me out of my bed so that they can cuddle with Mommy.

Oh well. It could be worse.

No comments: