Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Football Referees

They did everything they could to give San Diego the game on Saturday, and then last night did the same for UT.

The Buckeyes lost that game because the referees made at least 4 bad calls (and one questionable one) on the first drive by UT after halftime - a 7 minute drive that wore out the Buckeye defense and allowed the Longhorns to get the advantage.

That said, if you have the lead with 2 minutes to go, you need to stop the other team - Ohio State could have won nonetheless.

I don't think I can root for the Longhorns. If one of my kids ends up at UT, that might change, but until then...

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Ball State choked, so now I cannot win the office pool.

We need OK to win with a high scoring game tonight in order for me to take 2nd and win the tie breaker. Keep your fingers crossed, since mama needs a new pair of shoes.

red.hot.mamma! said...

Hook 'em, b*tch. ;)

In other news, I may be coming to town the weekend of the 24th for Shailey & Evan's housewarming party. I will make a trip up to the Hinterlands...I mean The Woodlands to see you & the family and hopefully the Photogs and maybe even the Sundrlas, too. Perhaps Sunday lunch? I have a chess set from Teotihuacan for you.