Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Investigation

This is something I would support, and is something I have stated I favor for some time. The Democrats in the House have issued a report suggesting that the incoming administration should launch an investigation into potential abuses of power. I think a bipartisan investigation is probably the best way to go. But I think it's very important to look into what happened, particularly in the wake of admissions of torture (or the gestapo-coined "enhanced interrogation"). While some people may consider these "right," I heartily disagree.

1 comment:

photog said...

Investigate what? Once Bush is out of the office there is nothing anyone can do. I have no grand illusions that a former president will be indicted for war crimes or crimes against humanity. And even if it was attempted it would be a PD debacle. Right vs. Left. Good vs. Evil. The remedy needed was removal from power, which has already been accomplished.