Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Complaint session

So I got hit by a car yesterday by a woman who has no insurance and who speaks no english. My GI bill has not yet come in - in fact it has not yet been processed by the VA because the school did not send out this semester's enrollments until last Friday, even though we'd been in school for 3 weeks by that time, and we need that money for such frivolities as food, transportation, diapers, and daycare. But the GI Bill isn't the only thing we're missing out on. We also have yet to receive the daycare reimbursements for January, because the people in charge of that somehow lost their paperwork. In all, we're currently running about $1000-1200 short on a budget that has about $90 to spare in a month. As if this all isn't bad enough - my battery charger for my laptop chose today to quit working. I don't know what it is with Dell Inspiron 5150 battery chargers, but they seem to have a shelf life averaging about 9 months. This will be the fourth time I've replaced my battery charger since I got the laptop back in June of '04, and I don't know that the warranty is even going to cover it this time. It should - I am not the only one who has experienced problems with the battery charger/ac adapter with this model, so it appears to be a design flaw, and I can't see how it makes sense to charge us for a problem that is ingrained in the design itself; especially if it was unforseeable by us, the consumer. I know, I'm getting pissy about something that I don't know will happen, but 2007 hasn't exactly rung in completely cheerily for us - I mean, my wife's grandmother died a couple weeks ago as well, the little boy got pinkeye, etc.

But, I might have a job for after I graduate, so there is a silver lining on this cloud that is winter 2007.

I hate my laptop's battery charger
I hate my car.

No comments: