Thursday, January 26, 2006

Doldrums

My assignment for Corporations for tomorrow is 38 pages, read, brief, and prepared to discuss. The topic is the allocation of legal power among the board of directors and the shareholders. This stuff reads like stereo instructions to me, and I'm having a lot of difficulty holding any real interest in it. Yet I plug on, because I need to learn how all this works.

Still, it's painful to read something three or four times and still not have a clue what it means. Perhaps I should quit law school and become an offshore fisherman, or a fast-food manager.

3 comments:

Steve said...

My corporations professor is a big advocate of the Wall Street Journal, a paper from which I've read maybe three articles in my life.

I'm taking A&P Concurrently, from a professor with a droll sense of humor and a penchant for quoting movies from the 70s.

We'll have to see how the classes turn out. I think if I had it to do over, I'd take one at a time.

I'm looking forward to the summer, when I can charter a boat and go deep sea fishing in the gulf again. I highly recommend if you've never done it.

Michelle said...

Ew ew ew B O R I N G

Bookworm said...

This is the kind of stuff that separates the men from the boys at lawschool. If you have the capacity to read this Godawfully boring stuff, and then make comments that sound as if the stuff meant something to you, you'll be a lawyer my son! Good luck. It is so much no fun what you're doing.