Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Weights, Hammers, Shuffleboard!

My friend Nuje (you'll see his blog linked to the side now) and I went out to a place up in the Woodlands the other day; he had to take his son to a birthday party. It was one of those multi-event places - bowling, pool, video games, lazer tag, etc. While his son was at the birthday party, Nuje and I relaxed, and had planned on playing pool. Then, we saw the shuffleboard table. We next made the decision to play that instead. Since neither of us remembered how to play, it took a minute to make up some rules. We had a rather good time playing, and it was apparent neither of us had played in years.

Considering we didn't know the rules, and had to make some up, we actually came quite close to hitting the actual rules for shuffleboard. It's great fun, and I look forward to playing again.

1 comment:

nuje said...

Yeah, it was fun Steve. Next time (when I'm not suffereing the effects fo 5 beers) I might actually win a game.