Monday, February 27, 2006

And the winner is...

Parade Magazine came out with its list of the ten worst dictators in the world last month. I'm a little behind the times on reporting this because I wasn't aware it (the list, not the magazine) even existed until today.

According to the magazine, "[The] present list draws in part on reports by global human-rights organizations, including Human Rights Watch, Freedom House, Reporters Without Borders and Amnesty International."

While I can's say that I completely disagree with al-Bashir as their number 1 pick, I think if more people were aware of what a day in North Korea was like, they'd surely bump the Chonger (Kim Chong-Il) up that one extra slot. Notably, there is an absence of one Cuban leader from the list, as well as Qaddafi. Still, the rest of the list is a veritable who's who of the adage regarding absolute power.

3 comments:

heatherfeather said...

did they have a voting line, like on american idol?

Michelle said...

LOL @ Heather...too funny! Chong would have my vote.

PBS said...

Ha ha to Heather's comment! How did they pick just ten?