Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Unfortunate Events

Yesterday wasn't the best of days.

First, my GI bill hasn't processed yet, so I'm broke.
Then, I spilled an ounce of water on my laptop, and fried the motherboard, which means I have to shell out a bunch of money to get it fixed.
Then, the delivery guys delivered the cell phones to replace my broken one, which were supposed to be delivered on Friday, but due to delays and deliveryman error, didn't come until yesterday - long story, won't bore you with details. We open the boxes only to learn that the boxes have already been opened, we presume by people at the delivery company, and the cell phones removed. So we were delivered boxes that contained literature about our phone, the earpiece, and a battery charger, but no phone. Fortunately, we called the delivery people, who assured us that they will send someone out today to inspect the boxes to see whether they were indeed tampered with. Yes. They're going to look at the boxes we opened to find out something was not in them, due to their being opened previously, to determine whether someone opened them. Gotta love those brilliant folks.

Anyway, now I'm sans phone and sans computer. I have no stereo in my car due to a faulty antenna, so all I have is a tape deck and two family law tapes that haven't died yet from overplay.

Calgon, take me away.

4 comments:

particleman said...

shiat. that's a bummer.

about the laptop, how much is it costing you? it might be more cost-effective to buy a used laptop and trash the old one.

Cassie said...

I think that his laptop is kinda special. He got it as a "Welcome to Law School" gift from his parents-in-law. I haven't ever even heard of buying a used computer. Do people do that?

particleman said...

that does sound like a special laptop.

yeah, laptops do get resold, but it's best to buy it from a friend or someone you at least know. after that, give it to an IT-savvy friend and have the hard drive swiped and windows reinstalled.

English Professor said...

Oh, sorry I didn't get to weigh in with sympathy yesterday. Nice to see that you still have a sense of humor about you, even if it is tinged with sarcasm.

Hope the box examination went well, and that the money comes through pronto.