Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Early Riser

The littlest child woke up early this morning, around 3:30. He apparently decided it was time to watch Elmo, and since he can't reach the VCR, needed me to get up with him. After trying to convince him that it really was time for sleep, he got bored with the debate. He subtly told me it was time to get up. First, he grabbed my glasses off of the nightstand and handed them to me. Then he went to my dresser, pulled open the shirt drawer as far as he could, and then started trying to pull out a shirt for me, so that I could go downstairs with him. This is the same boy who decides it's time for me to get up and starts pulling my shoulder so that I sit up. The boy ain't slow, that's for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy doesn't do the shirt thing (yet), but she does the glasses. Nothing like being half-asleep in bed, having your own glasses shoved in your face...

What a cutie!

Cassie said...

Our little guy sleeps in his crib and doesn't get out of it yet so he doesn't wake us up like that. I have a feeling he wouldn't be as nice though. I can just see him climbing up at the foot of the bed and then standing up only to "accidentally" fall on our stomachs laughing hysterically. Kids are the true comedians.

Cassie said...

Oh my, you must not have children Matthew. No matter how cute they are it's always possible to become exasperated, angry, annoyed, irritated, or just plain crazed.