Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The positive effects of education

I had to hook up my old desktop yesterday, the one that takes 20 minutes to boot up, so that I could at least do word processing while I was at home - Briefing by hand is not my thing.

After I got it up and running, I started browsing through some of my old notes from undergrad. One thing I've noticed is that my analytical skills have improved greatly, and my ability to convey my thoughts has increased tremendously. I look at some of the notes from the introduction to law for paralegals class that I took, and I can't believe that I actually turned them in for a grade - never mind that I got As and Bs on them.

to paraphrase the cigarette ad - "I've come a long way, baby"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh i can so relate to this post!
I look back at some of my old papers i had written, i just cringe. Like you, i did well on them, but oh the embarrassment. I compare to what i write now (and i still have tons of improvement needed) and like yourself, have come a long way!