Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Chon Achim! (Good Morning)

I got an early start to dinner making tonight. The In-laws are in town, and one of the things I try to make whenever family is near is My Friend Susan's Mom's Bulgoki. It is a big recipe - 3 lbs of meat - so I like to have a larger gathering when I make it.

Homemade bulgoki is so much better than what you can buy in those jars at the asian market. It doesn't taste as thick.

Additionally, I'm going to try to make cucumber kimchi tonight. I've got a recipe from my friends' wives from when I was at Goodfellow. I've never tried to make it before, and the wives didn't really know what measurements to use since they just eyeball everything, so I'm a little concerned with how this will turn out.

In other news, we're still unsure what we should do today for entertainment. Any suggestions?

No comments: