Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday Trivia Question

I've come to the conclusion that Fridays aren't the day that most people want to think about answering essay questions. As such, I've decided to move my essay questions to Tuesday. Tuesday's slightly better, I think, inasmuch as people aren't looking to the Weekend, and they're over the shock of Monday's return to work.

The question for today deals with right to die.

At what point, if any, should a person be allowed to choose to die? Should a doctor always have a duty to try to resucitate a patient? What about DNR requests, should they be ignored? What about living wills? As always, support your answer, tell your friends, and grades will be arbitrary.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Could this essay question be any more morose? I don't have the energy to answer right now. Maybe later.

Anonymous said...

Living wills certainly should be honored. Old people with terminal illness have a right to choose to die with dignity. But I don't understand the Department of Natural Resources part. Why would they request the right to die?

English Professor said...

Gramma's kidding, right? Steve, I would love to respond to this, but I simply don't have time. Maybe this summer . . .