Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring Break

It's spring break for me. Last week was spring break for The Boy. He had fun; we took him all over with his grandparents, and made sure that everyone was kept rather busy. In other words, we recreated for spring break.

I haven't really had any opportunities to recreate during spring break. In the Air Force, of course, there really is no spring break, which meant I still had to work when my undergrad classes were on break. Before the AF, I worked for a fast food company, and thus my spring breaks then were spent getting myself covered in grease - so much fun.

Last year, I spent spring break working on my appellate brief for class - another fun way to spend the break.

This year, with The Boy back in class, the mrs. back at work, and the inlaws having left, I'll not be going anywhere this year, either. I'm not too disappointed - we have no money for any trips, anyway. I also have a lot of schoolwork to get done - and job interview type preparation. Today, I spent some time on my writing sample. While I know what I want to write, I find that I have a hard time sometimes conveying the message in legalese. Practice should take care of it, but it's still a disappointment. I also have my research assignment to write - regarding ID at school. I'm looking forward to getting through that. The topic interests me, which is a refreshing change.

I also have some outlines I need to update, and get back to present. All in all, it should make for an interesting week.

Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight! it's not Polonia, but it'll do.

No comments: