Sunday, June 25, 2006

Summertime Blues

We went shopping for a new minivan yesterday. We found one that we liked, at least we liked how it drove. The color was pretty close to hideous. I mean, it was bad. As the wife said, it looked like blue Scope. Perhaps it will still be there next week, but perhaps not.

But we realize now that we can buy a car, we just can't really afford to buy one and do much else this summer. The buddy I was looking to go fishing with is having trouble finding a free weekend, so I probably won't get offshore to go fishing. Since we're spending the money we have on the van, I won't be going up north to the cabin.

I'm still looking at trying to get myself a job up in the Pacific Northwest after I graduate, but I need to do a little more searching. I also think I'm going to start looking up in the midwest, as well... We'll see.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Maybe you and Thomas can go into practice together in Seattle.

Hannelie said...

Glad to hear it's not just me who is finding it hard to have to make decisions. Finally decided what I would like to study just to find out there is no semester 2 intake, have to wait until 2007.
Good luck on the job search part of things.

Bellejar said...

Anything I can do to assist you in your job hunt, let me know. I can give you my passwords to the Seattle U lawschool jobsearch site if you'd like *grin*. I was a visiting student there my last semester.